Every star is a one-off creation entirely handmade from natural materials - take care when you open it, carefully following the instructions enclosed. Watch this video here which shows you how to open and hang it.
How to Assemble Your Star Lantern
- Your star will arrive flat packed. To open your star shaped lantern, hold the star flat, place one hand inside one of the outermost points and gently ease the point of the star outwards.
- With the remaining points of the star repeat this action. Ensure that each point is opened out before continuing on to the next.
- Using the two pieces of cord provided, gently bring the two outermost points together, place over light fitting and tie cords firmly, avoiding direct contact with the light bulb.
Good to Know
Each part of the making process is still performed by hand, making each star unique. As we use traditional hand screen printing techniques, there may be slight inconsistencies with the print - any irregularities which may occur reflect the genuine artisan-made nature of our Paper Starlights.
Our stars are designed to tie over a light source of your choice. The light source can either be battery operated or mains power, and can be purchased separately.
- You can use your star as you would a lampshade with electric lightbulbs and LEDs over a standard pendant light fitting (as shown in the video)
- You could also use an electric plug set with flex, light fitting and plug for hanging in the window
- You could insert battery operated fairy lights
- You could use other types of battery operated LED lights, such as a portable ‘bulb-on-a-rope’ camping
- Our stars also look fantastic unlit as 3D decorations
Make sure that the wattage of your light bulb does not exceed 40 watts - we recommend LED lamps between 1.5 – 5.5 watts. As they are paper stars, your star light should not be used with a candle and should be kept away from naked flames.
All Paper Starlights' lanterns are British Standard tested and comply with BS EN 60598-1: 2015.
Leave a comment